V-Day summary:
- Woke up at 6 to shovel the 7 or so inches from Cameron's side of the driveway so that he could go to work. This takes around an hour. I'm not normally this nice, but he was recovering from Strep Throat and I didn't want him to over exert himself.
- Received a call at 6:45 from Dane's school informing me that school starting would be delayed until 10: 30 AM.
- Cam decides to work at home until lunch. At least this means he can stay with the kids while I take Dane to school.
- Bryce goes to sleep right on schedule and Cam and I get to have a quiet lunch with Ella. Cam leaves.
- I take my youngest kids to Anisa's and I go to volunteer at Dane's school.
- Drive Dane's classmates to The Legacy House assisted living center by the South Jordan Temple. They have made giant valentines and a small decorated box with candy inside for the residents. They have been encouraged to talk with them and ask them about their lives. Children require MUCH encouragement just to say the words: This Valentine is for you! The kids then sang "LOVE"(L is for the way you look at me...) and "Let Me Call You Sweetheart." The seniors were so absolutely delighted. Some of them sang along. I was really thrilled that Dane did talk to them and was a sweetheart about it. It was short and sweet.
- Grab Ella and Bryce from Anisa's and come home to our circle actually being plowed. Problem? YES! My driveway is now blocked by 2 feet of snow rubble. I try to bust through it, but get stuck with most of my van in the middle of the road. Dear neighbor Pat helps me dig my van out just in time for me to realize that it's back to the school to pick up Dane.
- Come home to the same messy driveway and attempt again to bust through the snow and although I make about 10 feet of progress I'm still stuck again. Spend the next hour digging snow rubble from drive entrance, digging van out and shovelling more snow.
- I AM EXHAUSTED!!!
- Beg Cam to bring something home for dinner. He has to work late. Half-win the food battle and fix kids dinner and Cam brings home two Six Dollar Burgers from Carl's Jr. YUM! Cam thinks he needs to stop buying me flowers and just bring me burgers. Hey, works for me!
My dad delivers Valentines from Grandma. Kids are beyond thrilled. More Legos, more Ponies and more candy for me. Cherry Three Musketeers, which I thought at first disgusting, are growing on me. I'm all for second, third or even twentieth impressions with candy.- Watch Disney's Beauty and the Beast as a family. I fell asleep sometime before the mob storms the castle and just after the magical kiss. Vaguely aware of Cam carting Dane and Ella off to bed. Thank you, sweetheart!
- Manage to get myself and a live-wire Bryce upstairs and I fall HARD asleep and wake up this morning unbelievably stiff and sore and grateful that Cam usually shovels the driveway. I'm pulling for a snowblower for next winter.


All day I thought about what to blog and I had some sweet stuff to share, but I guess it'll have to wait until my achy back stops begging to be heard.

2 comments:
Happy Valentines day -late. I'm thinking right now that I'm glad it doesn't snow here. I remember all too well shoveling driveways as a kid. :) Hope today isn't as strenuous! (sp?)
Yea, your driveway is a nightmare. I do hope that you get a snowblower next year and more than that I hope that we don't get so much snow next year.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment