Whether or not you like to talk to tomatoes, we do and accordingly, took our kids to The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything Veggie Tales film last night.
I was beginning to wonder if we were the only true fans in the theater due to our being the only ones in the room laughing our heads off. The 'we' here is Cameron and me and if we laughed our kids seemed to laugh twice as hard and in such a fake way (Ella especially) that it made us laugh even harder. We were also the only ones singing along and dancing to the theme son
g. You are saying to yourself that you are not surprised.
g. You are saying to yourself that you are not surprised.Ah, it's so nice to go to a movie with our kids where the only content we need to worry about is found in the child-demographic trailers before the actual show.
Being the true fan that I am, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of Bob the Tomato who is my favorite character and no surprise here, a mini-me. I also love all the inside joke-iness of Veggie Tales and the general audience film was lacking in that a bit. However, this is a good thing for you because I think it works for a wider audience and even our local film critic, Jeff Vice, gave it three stars (if you read Jeff Vice then you know that's a lot!).
The best treat for Cam and I was the fun song during the credits. "Rock Monster" ala The B-52s

3 comments:
I'm glad to hear a review on this movie - we've been wanting to take our kids - we are also veggie tale fans! ( my kids -and husband- love to sing the silly songs!) I'm glad you had a good time!
We saw a poster for this the last time we took the kids and told Brenner that it was Dane's favorite show. I know that we wouldn't get any of the inside jokes, but would the kids still enjoy it?
The inside jokes really aren't there. It is highly enjoyable and a complete story from beginning to end. You don't have to be a fan to see it.
Post a Comment