Cam would accuse me of doing things backwards (you know, pack belongings or decorate for a holiday over a month away), but just for fun, while I made dinner at our new house, I let the kids begin the assembly of our fake Christmas tree.
(we still don't live there, I hauled everything over there and then hauled it back, just for the pleasure of eating there and putting up the Christmas tree)
Anyway, I put a huge fluffy blanket on the beautiful, new, hardwood floors so the hooks on the branches wouldn't make contact and the kids sorted them.
When they were done and the meatloaf was in the oven, we put it all together, fluffed the branches and surprised Cam when he joined us there.
And I bought some Christmas presents!!! Is there anything more fun?! (at least in the beginning of the season...) It's an absolute pleasure to buy something for your child that he's asked for since October and talks about almost daily. For Dane, it's this.
Here is the good reason for it all:
We will be moving and unpacking and trying to make this new house a home in December. Really don't have a lot of time at the beginning of the season to bring all this together. Luckily, my Christmas decorations are readily available. Should be a fun time! Now, I just need to convince Cam of this wisdom so he'll put the lights on the tree so we can decorate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I definitly think you should totally decorate for Christmas now. Dane doesn't have school next week and you could get tons done. If you need someone to help with lights on the tree, I'm your girl. When you move in and everything is chaos, your living room will be clean, empty of clutter and cheery.
That's what I keep thinking.
I think you have amazing ideas Cami...I love reading them on your blog :) Where are you guys moving to?
I am not a decorating early fan at all...except for you and this situation. Makes perfect sense. You really are a good good mom.
Post a Comment