daily quote for your perusal

Saturday night was the last time I will scrapbook at our Pine Grove Way house. This Sunday will be our last Sunday at our ward. This is our last full week living here. Last time to prune just one rose bush (I love roses and our new house has several rose bushes). Last time to stroll around our back yard. Last time to bake goodies in my gas oven. Last drink from my Superior water filter. Last good-night to kids here. Last sleep in a house that I have loved, that I have laughed and cried in, a house that is filled with a comforting spirit.
I'll miss the old girl, except she's not even middle aged yet. Too bad the house doesn't grow along with the kids.

3 comments:

Anisa said...

Don't start getting all sentimental or it may sink in on me that you are actually moving and you won't be in walking distance.

Kirbell said...

It was so great being your neighbor for some of that time. Happy moving!

Jessica said...

SO bittersweet, huh?