Today was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad day. All, seriously, all I had to do today was clean my house so that the professional house photographer from the real estate agency that we signed with on Tuesday could come and take pictures of my perfect house. I gave up at 4 something AM.
Well.
Well, well.
My day began dark and early at 3:30 am.
Did anyone miss that?
3:30 AM
Bryce woke up crying. I put him back to sleep.
Now I can't sleep. One of those 'make-a-list-of-the-10,000-things-you-have-to-do' (which is what really happens when "all" you have to do is clean your house to perfection) sleepless moments. This is bad.
I thought I got Bryce back to sleep.
Not so.
I tried to stay in my bed. I'd just fed the boy and he wasn't screaming, just talking to himself in a slightly unhappy way.
Not that I needed anymore interference, but it's peak allergy season and I'm suffering. This just happened to be the first night I couldn't breathe through my nose and I don't sleep well breathing with my mouth open (who does?).
Insomnia + fussing baby= no sleep for sure
Try to get baby boy to sleep with Mommy and Daddy. This has yet to be a good idea with Bryce. It's like sleeping with a mountain goat or some other creature that gets some enjoyment about bonking it's head against the head of another of its species.
Since we're up we might as well find something to do that'll contribute to the housework. I wash my kitchen floor by hand.
Finally Bryce starts rubbing his eyes and he sleeps in til 10. I don't go back to sleep, though I have no memory of 9:30 to 10 or so.
It's hard to ultimately pinpoint what made today so terrible, but obviously the sleep thing didn't help. Here's some ideas, though...
- I have never had a child get into stuff like Bryce can. I didn't blog about how he tried to clean my bathroom toilet yesterday, flinging water around like one of those ticking lawn sprinklers.
- The idea of cleaning my house for the pictures that will go on the flyer-that-had-better-contribute-to-the-quick-sale-of-your-home-or-you're-going-to-have-a-nervous-breakdown comes with a surprising amount of pressure.
- Bryce threw tomatoes in my kitchen after he had a bite of each one.
- Allergies
- Bryce dropped his milk cup on the floor for the umpteenth time and always with a smile on his face.
- I went into our back yard and had the thought that this week is the last I'll ever see my garden in bloom (they say the snow is coming on Saturday) and I begin to bawl.
- Bryce took no nap.
- Ella picks flowers and then leaves them in Bryce's reach and Bryce puts everything in his mouth.
- I tried to feed Bryce while sitting on the couch with him, hoping he'd be distracted enough to eat a greater amount than normal. Bryce did a belly-flop onto the bowl and his forehead landed in the full spoon of oatmeal and he got it in my hair.
- Some issues are coming up with Dane's school that I'm not sure about. More to worry about.
- I don't want to make the scheduled dinner on my chart.
- I started dinner 35 minutes before it was supposed to be ready. We ate 35 minutes late.
- We have two houses.
It's probably time for me to go to bed.
OK. Rant is over.
In the end, I survived the day, but seriously worried Cameron. Gosh, I love that man!
Good news of the day: after a few weeks of doing terribly at staying dry and mess-free, Ella has done two strait days of no accidents. Good thing. An accident might've sent me over the edge.

5 comments:
I hate cleaning. It seriously ruins everything when I know it's up to me and only me to avoid all child-induced distractions and clean the whole house. I'm totally feeling for you.
Ah, Cami - sometimes reading your blog makes me feel like I'm not alone in this world - you know exactly how my life is and sometimes it's scary how similar it is! (was it a full moon yesterday or something?!) I hope your day and weekend go better!:)
Okay, so you really should have let me take Bryce. I am totally used to the messes. Now I'm feeling guilty that I had so much free time while Joren napped and Brenner was a preschool.
You couldn't have helped, Anisa.
Somethings we have to face alone.
Cleaning is the worst. I try to avoid it as much as I can. I wait until the last minute and then clean furiously, right before someone is coming over, or company is exiting off the freeway and calling for directions to our house. Hope your week get better and I hope you sell your house soon!
Post a Comment