Ella Elise turned 3 last Saturday. It's surely my imagination, but she seems taller, lovelier, more aware of others and more Daddy's girl than she was last week.




She was unforgettable from the moment she was laid on me post-birth and she grabbed my thumb with such strength it was startling.
Ella was blessed with amazing skin. It's so...I don't know...humid? It feels like it was slathered with lotion that's been completely absorbed. Anyway, it's so soft and luminescent.
Ella has always looked people right in the eye. She is completely charming. She is very clever and thoughtful. She loves music, singing, Disney princesses (especially Ariel), tiny My Little Pony figures, Dora the Explorer, her brothers, her daddy and me (she tells me throughout the day that she loves me and then says: "I love you again.") Part of Your World is sung often throughout the day. She takes it very seriously. Not too long ago, as I was taking voice lessons, she could sing a few songs in italian and french. Very impressive!
My most tender singing memory of Ella is her singing Baby Mine to Bryce any time he gets upset.
She enjoys nursery at church. She prays that she'll get to go to preschool. She loves all her friends. Her best friends are Amanda and Brenner.
I am so happy that she is my daughter. She is a blessing and a light in our family. She sparkles. She twinkles. She makes our hearts melt.

2 comments:
Ella is a sweetie. I love that she sings Part of your World. I hope Kate turns out to be a girly-girl despite her two older brothers. Minus the tantrums and emotions.
We love Ella and are so amazed at her great skills and talent.
Post a Comment