Wow! I've gained a lot of respect for volunteer coaches this evening. (BTW, if pictures are too small just click on them to temporarily view them larger)

Dane (#7) had his second soccer game at 6:30 PM. His coach, Holly, had asked if I would be her substitute as she wasn't going to be there.
We started with warm-ups (kicking the ball and all that jazz) and I tried quickly (and succeeded) to memorize the names of 9 kids that were there: aarongracieprestondaneeziekieltylerjadenbrandonjacob


The kids did a good job (we don't have a practice and I don't think the coach is planning on any, but they're 5 and 6 yr olds and they have a BLAST!) We lost 4 to 2 (1st game was lost 4 to 0, so they're improving).
Now, I did pretty good. Really. I didn't pass out from exhaustion running back and forth and leaping out of the way and hollering for my Hornets to kick and run and guard the goal and be careful! (oops, am I allowed to tell 12 soccer kids to be careful? Am I really? Ooh, don't kick each other...yes, I said that too, but only once!)


Dane was at the height of his glory...simply a smiling, energetic little boy.
Pictures are, obviously, from his first game. Hey, I'm good, but not that good.
I'm falling asleep as I am typing. Good night!


2 comments:
What is that cool header you have? And Ryan was a volunteer soccer coach and it was very amusing.
Jessica, you seem to often ask me questions in your comments. Can you find the time to read my answers here or would you just like an e-mail? If you really did want the answer... Do you?
Anyway, until I hear different...I changed our photos in Adobe Photoshop Elements using the "photocopy" effect and then put them together in a stream-lined photo document.
Post a Comment