daily quote for your perusal

Feeding kids...seems to be a main focus of this blog lately...
So, of course, if I want a child to learn to like a food, then I have to be willing to let him/her get a bit messy in order to learn about the food.
Well, with Bryce, sigh...
I decided to give him a bowl of oatmeal and a spoon and may be since he won't let me feed him with a spoon, he'd want to do it himself.
In the end, the spoon just acted as a launching tool for the blobs of unappealing food.
It seems Bryce has sculptor aspirations, he molds and shapes the food to aesthetically-pleasing configurations and he works hard to hone his art.
Perhaps this is his life calling.
Perhaps he won't join the Cam and Dane ranks of eating oatmeal every single day.
Perhaps he'll never like oatmeal.
I don't.






1 comments:

Jessica said...

If it's not a fruit or a vegetable...why make them eat it?