I was just thinking about the word catechism. And then I thought about my cat. Hence the title, because I am not going to now write a doctrinal manual on cat ownership.
Catechism, which I always thought was pronounced: catch-ae-ism, is Catholic. I am not. But I am now...a cat owner.
I would like to apologize for any grief or irritation or obvious nose-snuffling expressed around the cats of any of my friends. I have never liked cats. They make me very sick BUT my KIDS like cats and my HUSBAND likes cats and I think I have the soul of a cat and so...
I got a kitten for my birthday. Her name is Imogen and I looooooove her. On Friday, I'm going to the allergist to begin the journey of teaching my body get along with her as well. In other words, I'm going to go the route of immunology (ie shots, shots and years of shots). All for a cat? No! For my kids, yes, but I also have terrible seasonal allergies and this will, allegedly, solve these issuses! Yay!
She has been a lot of fun. She's got a lot of personality, really loving and playful (which sometimes gets her into trouble. She seems really happy, exploring and bounding around in our yard.
I've built her a scratching post, working on some more toys for her and I'm in charge of feeding her every day. I had know idea that owning my own pet would make me so sillyhappy.
(Sorry no pics. They won't load)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment