It's November (tomorrow) again and it's National Novel Writing Month and I'm back in. I have joined up for NaNoWriMo which is writing, madly, fifty thousand words in one month.
I am starting from dead nothing and am going to work my fingers hard core to create a new novel.
Or a really, really rough first draft of one.
I documented last year's journey on my now-defunct poetry blog and looking back on this blog...November is blank. Sounds like I was focused.
I had so much fun with it last year that I was bugging my catalyst writing buddy, Joni, about it in June or July.
So I have school, life and writing. All November, all the time...except on Sundays and not so much when we're gone for Thxgvg.
Hence the craziness.
Bring it on!
I share a few haiku I wrote last year as part of my journey:
Yes she said
(NaNoWriMo progress in haiku, day one)
Yes, she said and cleared
her throat, then pumping her fist
made the first day's goal
Day 4
So I went shopping
Sue me. Only fifty days...
Christmas is coming.
Day 10
We race and I win
Because I am doing this
The rushing is sweet
Day 19
Brandishing my words
With swift and serious jabs
I tear up paper
Day 26
I jumped off the ship
And now, swimming back, I find
Thoughts weak as jelly
Day 30
The thirtieth passed
Without celebration cuz
I finished early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good luck to you! I'll be unpacking boxes this month. Maybe next year...
I'm determined to win this year, even while puppy training.
I see you are already ahead of me on today's wordcount. But I had a kid in preschool in a couple of hours.
500 words in and it is a much sexier story than I anticipated. :P
Ha - And now I will mix tenses just to confused you and will throw you off your game.
@Jeana Thanks for the cheers. Good luck with that house!
@Joni Don't mess with my tenses! :) And don't use excuses, you're better than that.
I bet a sleeping puppy in your lap makes you stay put in your chair so you can write like crazy.
Post a Comment