daily quote for your perusal

In an itty-bitty article in Parenting: School Years magazine entitled "Happy Triggers" it says

Can't afford a shrink? Enter the mommy blogosphere. New research from the University of Pennsylvania found that writing or reading blogs makes moms happy. "Blogging or commenting on blogs is a great way for moms to be heard, and get feedback," says Shoshana Bennett, Ph.D., a clinical psychologist who specializes in counseling mothers.

So, here you are, getting happy. Isn't it wonderful?

So more happy thoughts from me --->  --->

  • I got an A on my Exponents and Polynomials quiz this morning
  • Bryce spent most of his down time yesterday listening to an old Utah Valley Children's Choir Primary music tape (especially the song I had a solo on)
  • I'm drinking a lot of water and feeling good from that
  • I have been called as the Ward Choir Director and the first practice (yesterday) went well. The choir is already larger than the one in our last ward and it was a low attendance day and they sound fanTAStic!
  • I've got a great husband who has been showing me in little ways that he just loves me (one example: he paid $34 dollars just for a photograph of just him and me from our family photo shoot) speaking of JUSTification *eyeroll*
  • Ella has seized the day with her piano practicing lately. She's really improving.
  • Dane has been pleasant and helpful and when his mommy calls him, quickly he'll obey. 
  • My boys are totally having huge group play time with the kids in the neighborhood and making friends here like never before!
  • Ella has shown an increased interest in cooking with me (though she still refuses to break an egg)
  • I get to attend my first Time Out for Women this weekend and I am so excited!

Have a wonderful week, my mommy friends! I hope you get to recharge today and face the week ahead with a positive attitude and forgiveness in your heart. And blog. It's good for your happy-meter.


  • Oh and one last happy thought...I'm going to respond to comments by commenting in that section to increase the happiness of feedback and hearing each other.


4 comments:

Angie said...

Love it. I think being understood is a huge part of mommy blogging too. TOFW is awesome. You'll love it!

Jone said...

I LOVE reading blog, you should be proud of all your accomplishments. You have a wonderful family. And yes.... it does make me happy. Keep up the good work.
Much Love,
Your real favorite Aunt;)

Cami said...

@angie I'm waaaay excited. Having a buddy along will be the best part though...right?

@Jone ! Yay! Hi! I love my awesome aunt Jone!

Angie said...

Don't forget to save a little $ for the bag. I love it almost as much as the uplift I got from the event. :)