daily quote for your perusal

Bryce just came, laced his arm around mine and said "Mom, it's nearly midnight. It's 9 o'clock."

"Then who should be in bed? You or me?"

"Both of us."

I'm having a hard time knowing that my little buddy Bryce and I won't have our one-on-one time for half of each day anymore. This kiddo is beginning first grade!


He's completely excited. My excitement wore off this week apparently because I had a bit of a cry over it  the other night. You are allowed to laugh when I tell you that the emotional breakdown began with: "Who's gonna watch Phineas and Ferb with me?"

 I guess this is where some the benefits of being the youngest are: time with just you and your mom (a mom much more relaxed than when she first began the job). It's been a sweet time getting to know him. He's so bright, kind and enchanting. It's hard to see him go off into the world, spending more time at school than with me.
I'm going to miss you, little buddy.

1 comments:

Anisa said...

Kinda makes me sad that I'm going to miss my one on one time with Terek... but we started the date thing with our kids and that's been fun so far.

Oh the days when we planned on having our kids all in school and scrapbooking all day... boy how things have changed... I may never have time to scrapbook again!