daily quote for your perusal


So, this happened rather quickly...
Ella mentioned to me one night that her eyes saw things really blurry. I figured it was because she was trying to read by the light of the sun...at 9 PM.
I admit I also dismissed it a bit because of my recently acquiring glasses myself, thinking she might actually want to be like Mommy.
I told her to look at the board at school tomorrow and see if it was blurry and we'd talk about it then and please go back to bed now.
When she got into the car after school the next day, she told me immediately that the board was blurry. Okay. So, I made an appointment for her.
That was Monday.
The more I watched her during the exam, the more it confirmed that she was probably going to be getting glasses. No one wants their child to get glasses, but I hoped she'd be okay with it, especially because she'd already expressed a desire not to have them.
Well, the doctor sent us out to pick out frames while waiting for her eyes to dilate with a second round of drops and the fun really began for her. She became really enthusiastic about choosing her glasses, which was a comfort to me.
She was especially happy when we got the call yesterday to pick them up (earlier than expected) and to see they came with such an adorable case.
Now we're reminding each other to wear our glasses. :)

3 comments:

rachel said...

Sorry about school :( I think Ella looks adorable. We took little C in and she needs glasses to, but the poor thing has to wait until things get ironed out. So they can wear their glasses together :)

Jeana said...

Bianca has wanted glass forever (probably because I've worn them forever and all her friends wear them). Finally, I bought a $1 pair of reading glasses from the dollar store and pulled the lenses out. She loves wearing them to school! =)

Anisa said...

She looks super cute:)