daily quote for your perusal

On a whim, I whisked my kids off to Antelope Island on Tuesday.

We have a special family connection to the LDS church-run horse ranch that this place was in the "olden days."
The kids loved roping the steer.Bring 'em down, Brycie!This is what is left of the ranch on the island. Lots of old buildings including a cellar, spring house, bunk house, barns, blacksmith, etc. Very cool and well preserved without feeling like a museum. For the most part, it's very hands on for little ones. Don't worry. Old saw blades are hung up high.The kids, having a bit of fun posing in the bunk house (where transitory workers would stay).A view of the ranch's beauty with the main house and cellar to the right.We spent a lot of time looking for different bird varieties here and at Bountiful Lake. We saw so many, we even made a list. (Thankfully, we had our bird book and binoculars)


Birds seen and heard (if you follow these links, you can even hear the bird sounds):


Cinnamon Teal


Swan Goose


Cliff Swallow


Meadowlark
Red-winged Blackbird


Double-Crested Cormorant
Yellow-headed Blackbird

1 comments:

Anisa said...

When I saw that on facebook, I was quite shocked that you were so adventurous:) Looks like fun. I'm surprised that Bryce wasn't named Briant... interesting history.