daily quote for your perusal

We're off-track again.
The past week or two I've really felt stressed out. Stress makes me hurt. I pile it all into my neck, shoulders and sometimes back and I feel crummy.

I dreaded the kids going off-track from school because I knew I wasn't in a good place with them.

I don't like being a miserable mom when the kids are home. I was worried about it.

But you know what?
They've been great!
They're mostly helpful and, other than the continual issue of Dane and that *&^(&% Nintendo DS, things have been really nice. I'm personally getting a lot of work done and not missing any opportunities to show my kids affection and encouragement.

Dane: He is thrilled that we finally finished The Mysterious Benedict Society. He insisted we get the 2nd one at the library today.

He's quite enamoured with his Pokemon game and we're trying to find a good balance with it, but, eh...

He loves his siblings so much.

He looks so different, taller, face more mature, but he still looks like this in his expression.He's a really special kid and I'm still so overwhelmed that I get to be his mother.

Ella: She's made some good progress emotionally. I think she's learning to be a happier person, maybe trust us a little more. She has a hard time getting any correction, but she's not bursting into tears anymore. I've tried to help her know that I direct her because I love her. Baby steps...

She has a best friend in Kindergarten now and they have a giggle-fest anytime they come together. It's been fun to see.

She's been reading a lot and well. I'm proud of her progress.

Her kindergarten class just performed their annual operetta. This year was The Jungle Book. Ella was one of the story tellers. I didn't know what to expect from her. She does not like the spotlight. She seems very shy. She had three sentences to say.She was awesome! She spoke clearly and loudly into the microphone. I told her so after she was done and she said "Mom! How can you say that?! There were parents and so many people!" It seemed like she was saying that she was so nervous that it couldn't have possibly been that way. Cute!

Lately, she's been singing around the house and when I asked her to sing out loudly I was amazed at her lovely little voice. She sounded as good as any itty-bitty kid on StarSearch or the like.

She's quite the kid.

Bryce: Oh, Bryce drives me crazy and I drive him crazy.

The kid's got a strong will. I don't like strong wills in four-year-olds, but I'm trying to adapt.
He's so independent (always has been). I really have to stay on my toes with him and if he's ever quiet for too long then he needs to be found.

The other day he said to me "I just found out today that if you get Play-Doh wet with water it gets really, really yucky." I still haven't found the answer to the question this brought to my mind. I have never seen any really yucky Play-Doh hanging around. Maybe I should look harder?

He is really excited about reading and his skills are progressing, his attention span growing. He's always asking me to spell words for him (I usually counter with asking him how to spell it and he's not too shabby). Today he asked me how to spell "X marks the spot."

He cracks all of us up and he and Ella are still the best buddies.So I guess we're alright here.
Well, maybe not...

5 comments:

Jeana said...

Bianca's off track again too. This was a nice way to get to know your kids. They're really cute!

Anonymous said...

They are growing up so fast... I miss them... and you:)

When we headed up north this past weekend Terek asked if we were going to your house... not enough time:(

Have fun in Disneyland!

rachel said...

They are adorable!! Where is that Play-Doh???

Angie said...

Great kids come from great parents. :)

CJMsquared+6 said...

Love to hear how your sweet kiddos are growing!!!