As for the Christmas to-do, I:
- remade the caramels, didn't kill the poinsettia, got gifts divvied up and crafty gifts finished
- absolutely didn't exercise, unless you count walking around in 4" heels for two days and /or Wii Bowling exercise.
- The kids didn't break any Christmas decor
- didn't keep our outside bird feeders filled, but they are filled now. Happy New Year's, birdies.
- You know I made three snowmen. I also made a Christmas mix CD with the kids. They have loved it.
- My husband's mother made the popcorn balls for her son. My kids and I made the dough for gingerbread men. Santa almost didn't get any treats.
- Cam and I managed two dates this month. HEAVEN!!! Saw "True Grit." Loved it.
- Ooh, that stinkin' Christmas garland. I made the templates and bought the felt for it. I guess I'll just have to make it myself. Or have the kids help me over the next year.
- did take more pictures of my kids, even if the lighting is bad, because they're so cute and they just keep growing.
- sang in my parents ward last Sunday. It (my voice) worked.
- snuggled with babies, kept the house somewhat sane and watched the original Grinch movie.
- gave my grandparents a present.
- got no sleep until Christmas night when Cam and I stayed at my grandma's house while the kids stayed at their grandma's house. We went to bed at 10. They went to bed at midnight.
- did get to the DI and my neighbor gifts were pretty easy. Everyone brought ours to us and we just did a quick swap. Note to self: payback is next year. Get them out first.
- read to the kids. I loved my time with them and am sad that our four weeks together is almost over. As always, though, I'm glad we get to end the season with a bang (New Years) and a Birthday (DANE!)
- We read Luke 2 before bed on Christmas Eve. All was calm, all was bright.
Today so far:
- I've been organizing the formerly-crashed computer back to a functional system. Once more, I am so grateful for a husband who 'gets' technology and we never have to deal with tec support.
- I removed decorations and dismantled (with the help of my kids) our smaller tree. I'm excited to have this main room in our family's life clean and functional again.
- I suggested that Cam give a Family Home Evening lesson tonight on Resolutions. I was feeling brave. Last year I was a fussy, pathetic pill about resolutions and so I promised to be good.
- I've been throwing out those extra hang-on goodies that fill counters at the end of the season. I even put the bags of candy my mom gave me right into the freezer for another time.

4 comments:
Good work! I didn't exercise either. Til today. And it felt good. :)
I personally do call two days in four inch heels exercise...good job! I am so impressed with how much you've accomplished. I can't believe it's almost the new year and a couple of stinkin' cute boys' birthdays...sigh.
This makes me tired! I think you get the award. :)
Reading this makes me feel exhausted! Christmas is so much work, but SO worth it!
Post a Comment