I did my first Black Friday shopping this year.
I had a lot of fun. I wanted to go along with my mom and her sisters and my cousins. The sisters dropped out and so did all cousins but Brandon (who rocks) and I added my friend Angie (she's the reason I didn't die on the way home from Utah county).
We started at 10 PM on Thursday night at Toys R Us. This turned out to be a STUPID mistake. It was ridiculous there. CHAOS. After the line moved no more than 5 ft in 20 minutes, it was time to leave.
We met my mom and cousin in Payson's Wal-Mart. We shopped, dodged, snatched, lined up, waited, nibbled, shopped, drank Dr. Pepper, played cards and shopped the night away.
After hitting Target and Kohl's we were done and had been shopping for 12 hours by then. I honestly was having a hard time standing. After breakfast at Denny's we drove my mom home then headed back to Salt Lake. Angie had to drive the whole of Bangerter because I was not going to make it.
However, I had such a great time. We bought what we came for (and a lot more). It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be and I am totally up for next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We got everything on our list this year--including the $10 griddle. But poor Eric goes shopping, while I sleep. I kinda like this arrangement though.
you are a brave woman. your account of the night just terrifies me even more and i think i will still skip black friday next year. it just doesn't ever seem worth it to me. and i try to remember how we ever made it all night at those concerts we use to go to, what were we thinking?!
Post a Comment