We have pretty simple dreams around here (except the one where I want...oh never mind).
Since we moved here to this home, one predominant dream for us was simply to have a vegetable garden.
Over the past few weeks, Cameron has been building a huge raised bed box for the first phase of our garden. He has learned new skills with new tools and has accomplished this awesome task.
He finished filling the area with a great garden growing mixture (peat moss, composted fertilizer and vermiculite) yesterday and we all went to Western Garden Center to pick out our plants.

Woo Hoo!!!
We left the nursery with twenty-four tomato plants and two summer squash and a chives. We hope to get more next Saturday.
We are so excited!!!
This morning, Ella told us that she wanted to go check on the tomatoes. When she came back into the house, she said "There aren't any tomatoes on the plants yet."
So cute! She wouldn't really remember our big garden from a few years ago anyway. But she was our hardest kid-worker, breaking up a huge block of peat moss by herself. The rest of gardening, she'll learn.
Ella is also part of our dream to have musically-skilled children. She began piano lessons this week and she loves it! She's practiced a lot since her lesson and each time she reaches the end-of-piece double bar she hollers: STOP!
The final dream leg that Cam is embarking on this week is his promotion. Long hoped for, long denied for the simple fact that we do not live and will not live where the main offices for his company are located. His talent and general awesomeness cannot be denied any longer and he has been given a job worthy of his abilities. I'd say his employees are pretty lucky. :)
Go Cameron! Go Daddy!

6 comments:
The flower box looks AMAZING! I am craving tomatoes now :) Ella looks so cute at the piano. I have a feeling she is going to love every minute of it!!
This post sure has me thinking of childhood gardening memories. And piano lessons come to think of it. Congrats on these realized dreams!
Careful with the chives. They're pretty but they're taking over my whole yard and I regret ever planting them.
BTW, I like how you designed the box to make it easier to get to. Nice.
A husband who builds stuff AND makes more money?! Lucky girl!
back to the birds. it is definitely a bullocks oriole, good job!! we have a male and a female that are really making our hummingbirds mad (i've found that hummingbirds are grouchy little things anyways, but this is really getting them cross.)
i might have to see if i can find an oriole feeder. birds are so amazing and fun to watch. thanks for your help
I love Ella's hair! I can't wait to see it in person! Now she's cuter than ever!!! XOXO Grandma
Post a Comment