I have three very good friends and I have hardly seen them at all, what with my homebody tendencies and all the work that has been going on at my house for weeks and stresses with changes with Cameron's job, etc. I have not even been my usual anti-social self.

This is called Everybody is Busy by rt44man
I have been spending time with my kids.
I have been playing with yarn and material and actually making things.
I have been writing a lot. It's been on my mind everyday and I get off at least a paragraph or a snippet poem or often several pages in a day (hand-written as I currently don't trust my MS Office Word program).
This is definitely not my usual modus operandi here, but I'm going to put down a poem I wrote that I'm quite happy with.
Existence
I exist
In the creases of his grey pants
In the tiny half-moon clippings at rest in the blue garbage can
I exist
In the needle eyes staring everywhere
In the hung frames of faces from the familial sphere
I exist
In the smooth spots worn into a keyboard
In the rough skin of my barefoot self
I exist
In the forgotten light, the forgotten dishes
In the bubbling of yeast and the melting of chocolate
I exist
In the pages I have turned
In the words I have read and written
I exist
In flesh and blood memories
In the holy water of an eternal mind
---
(don't feel a need to comment just because I posted a poem)

4 comments:
Oh, but I DO feel the need to comment :) I LOVE your poetry and I miss you. I have an idea. I will email you.
I'm just as bad... I get caught up in my own little world all the time. I need to get out more!
Sounds like you need a break! Is Cameron going out of town any time ever again? Maybe you should bring the kids and come down anyway and I'll tend and you and Mandy can go to a movie or something. I can't do it this coming up weekend I'll be in Park City for club. Remember the Adams reunion is the 26th of June Grandma/Grandpa Carrie and Bret will be here with us. I'm moving Mandy out to the trailer for the weekend (she doesn't know that yet) :) I liked the poem. I guess if your feeling lonely for friends and it makes you write creatively it's not all bad! Love you, talk to you soon. Call me tomorrow (Monday the 31st) I didn't know if this comment lists the day it was written but anyway. I'm going yard selling in the morning and you know I'll call you :) :) Mom
Loved the poem. Loved.
Post a Comment