daily quote for your perusal

The other day, in the middle of eating her vanilla yogurt, Ella announces that she wants to get her hair cut.
Despite my occasional hint that life might be a little less painful for someone her age if her hair were shorter, my heart lurched. Ella? Without her flowing tresses?
It seemed such a mature decision with the well-thought out way she presented it, I told her she could do it if she was really, very sure that she wanted to do it.
(semi-unflattering before picture)
This was the worst part.Look how excited she was. I just happened to catch this smile.
And so...
The result?She acts like she's been liberated from a heavy burden. She is so very delighted with her cute shoulder length locks. She's looking forward to less tangles, less food in her hair, less arduous hair washing...and that is also what I'm looking forward to.
Isn't she absolutely lovely?

5 comments:

Angie said...

So cute! She looks so grown up with her hair like that. :)

Seegmiller Six said...

She is so beautiful! great hair cut!

rachel said...

I LOVE it!!

Laurie Blackett said...

Love it!!!

Eric said...

I hope you realize this child is a mini-you.