One of my favorite blogs is The Chocolate Chip Waffle by Terresa Wellborn.
I read her every day and it fills my soul, makes me think and always makes me leave a comment.
Well, today she's inspired a whole post based on German word: Weltanschauung.
Weltanschauung: \ˈvelt-ˌän-ˌshau-əŋ\ n.A person's world view; philosophy of life; a framework through which to interpret the world.
These are my personal philosophies
- I can accomplish anything that requires physical application IE assembling furniture, electrical work, installing computer components, sawing limbs off trees, etc. (I can't always, but I always think I can)
- Sunshine is good for you
- Rain (literal or figurative) can make you grow
- Life without music is without flavor and depth
- Poets should rule the world
- Days should be 29 hours long
- "A man should hear a little music, read
a little poetry, and see a fine picture
every day of his life, in order that worldly
cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful
which God has implanted in the human soul." -Goethe - Clothes do not make the man (or woman)
- I can do hard things
- The oldies are the goodies (unless we're actually talking about goodies. Stale M&Ms are not good)
- Children are worth believing in
- Much can be healed with ice cream or a good haircut
- Faith is an anchor that can keep you from floating off into oblivion
- Prayer is a person's personal grip on the faith/anchor
- If you think something is wrong, you're probably right and should fix it
- The choice is always up to you
- We begin and end with family (to paraphrase Anthony Brandt)
- Clutter=Chaos and vice versa
- Sleeping is for wimps
- Naps are a waste of time, but often an eventuality
- Learning to serve others is a gift you can give yourself
- Love makes the world go 'round and can make your heart stop (in a good way)


3 comments:
Did you take that photo? Because I adore it...
LOVE that quote by Goethe...
My problems must stem from no longer eating ice cream and going too many months with out a haircut...thanks for the tip :)
Poets SHOULD and COULD rule the world...I would vote for you.
Glad Muse rocked your world...as if I had any doubt that they would :)))
You are wise. I really can use your philosophies of life to better my own!
Oh, those were great! here's my fave, "We begin and end with family."
Post a Comment