daily quote for your perusal

...with things still a major ICK factor at our house (and believe me, we've added to yesterday's list), I thought I'd find something else to write about.

Dane lost his third tooth this week, one of the big front ones. He'd been pretty nervous about anyone touching it or about losing it at all because he doesn't want to look 'goofy.' I find this funny because I still remember playing with those loose teeth of mine and being very excited to have them come out. I'd even submit to my Grandpa Paul's pliers for the final tugging out (though I'm sure I wasn't brave, despite getting play make-up once as a reward).

I sent Dane to school on Monday and his tooth was hanging by it's last nerve, I was sure. When he came running to the car after school, he was very excited that his tooth was out.

"Where is it? I want to see it," I told him.

"I, uh, swallowed it."

"You swallowed it? What? Really?" I was completely convinced he was trying to trick me.

He just shrugged his shoulders and said he thinks it probably happened when he was eating a treat for someone's birthday that day.
He swallowed his tooth.

He wrote the tooth fairy a note that night, explaining what happened. She generously gave him some money, but wrote him a note saying that she had to dock him a bit and hoped that she'd get the next tooth.

4 comments:

Anisa said...

Wow, I haven't commented on your blog in awhile.

I really am sorry everyone has gotten sick all at once, but I'm glad you still made it out to join us for craft night... that was fun.

I hope you're all feeling well this week and maybe we can do something fun:)

Kirbell said...

Ha-ha! Ian did the same thing -he swallowed his tooth while eating pancakes. It completely grossed me out though...something about swallowing a body part. Ian then wrote the tooth fairy letter...he wanted that dollar!

Seegmiller Six said...

That is too funny - glad the tooth fairy is soo understanding! :) And ella looks beautiful with her curls! :)

.:.stephanie.:. said...

Brooklyn swallowed her first tooth in her sleep! She wrote a note as well. Her tooth fairy gave her extra because she was so sad she swallowed it. =)