I hate the idea of swimming lessons. We never go to a pool unless we're on vacation (ONCE A YEAR mebbe twice), wouldn't let my kids dip a toe in any local lake/pond/river, we don't frequent the ocean and so I resist swimming lessons.
When are they ever going to use them?
Anyway, when I told Bryce and Ella we were signing them up for something at the fitness center they both said they wanted to take swimming lessons.
I made Bryce (yeah, the three year old) promise that he would actually get in the water. I bought them new swimming suits as the old ones were out-grown and tried to keep them excited.
Bryce has told me for a solid week now that he doesn't want to take swimming lessons.
Today he told me that he's not going to get into the water unless I do (not going to happen).
Thankfully, his whole attitude changed when I put him in his Buzz Lightyear swim trunks (Target $7.99). 

He was so excited and brave, a LOT less timid than Ella.
And their teacher is awesome! Yay!
I hope Dane will join them when he's off-track.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
yea! way to go mom! we do swim lessons every summer - here there is a lot of swimming, just because its sooooo dang hot - there's nothing else you really can do outside in the summer. So we have to know how (even though I secretly hate getting 3+ kids changed and changed again.....to go swimming and then home... ah the joys of being a mother and sacrificing your own wants and needs for that of our children!) you deserve a pat on the back - no make that a giant hug! :)
How funny! I just signed my kids up for the first time a few weeks ago! They love it!! And Wow, Bryce looks so old in these pictures! Crazy!!
I don't like the water either :( I think I'm going to have Conner do private lessons this year. His dad is a fish in the water, so maybe there's hope after all :)
Swimming lessons! This is a great reminder. I keep thinking of signing up my kids but waiting until they are just a little bit older. This year might just be the year for us, too.
Post a Comment