I was going to write about one of my favorite bands of the last 15 years, but realized that before I really write about the strongest musical influences of my life, then I need to introduce the record label that spawned nearly all of them.
Seriously, their website is like going on a field trip to music museum and this is the interactive display you have to wait the longest to play with...meaning it's worth the wait, but I am having much too much fun here today.
You can look bands up by year, alphabetically or even better, by "pulling" a lever and hitting a random name.
A GREAT place to find new and old music, the 4AD independent label was started 1980 by Ivo Watts-Russell. Artists signed this year include: Bauhaus, Gilbert And Lewis, In Camera, Last Dance, Modern English, Spasmodic Caress, The Birthday Party, The The
4AD brought me Dead Can Dance, Bauhaus, Red House Painters, Heidi Berry, Cocteau Twins, His Name is Alive, This Mortal Coil, Lush, Pale Saints, Throwing Muses, The Breeders, Unrest, The Pixies...
Seriously, their website is like going on a field trip to music museum and this is the interactive display you have to wait the longest to play with...meaning it's worth the wait, but I am having much too much fun here today.
You can look bands up by year, alphabetically or even better, by "pulling" a lever and hitting a random name.A GREAT place to find new and old music, the 4AD independent label was started 1980 by Ivo Watts-Russell. Artists signed this year include: Bauhaus, Gilbert And Lewis, In Camera, Last Dance, Modern English, Spasmodic Caress, The Birthday Party, The The
4AD brought me Dead Can Dance, Bauhaus, Red House Painters, Heidi Berry, Cocteau Twins, His Name is Alive, This Mortal Coil, Lush, Pale Saints, Throwing Muses, The Breeders, Unrest, The Pixies...
I've been listening to these bands for nigh on eighteen years now (no wonder I've been exploring so much new music lately. Ha! but of course, 4AD has that, too). 

Anyway, fun website and beautiful thanks to v23.


0 comments:
Post a Comment