Rachel, this one's for you.
Tori Amos has been known to give many a wink and nudge to her good friend and confidant, Neil Gaiman, author of the novels Stardust and The Graveyard Book. 
The following are the Tori songs where Neil reference are made. (my thanks to http://www.hereinmyhead.com/)
Now this
is the only thing I've read by Neil Gaiman so far. He's not for everyone, but he is a bit of a genius.And Tori is a genius on the piano. Loved her since 1993

4 comments:
Did you read Stardust? I LOVED the movie but the book I couldn't get into.
Oh, I LOVED this. You are 1,567,432 kinds of awesome...
Seriously needed this today.
THANK.YOU.
I have to agree about the Stardust comment. I saw the movie first and absolutely fell in love with it. The book was sadly almost torture to finish. I've read several of his books and I find that without the visual medium he just seems to lack something. I love his ideas, but he really needs to have help relaying the true grandure of those ideas. Can't wait to see what the Graveyard Book will do in the theater (the ghouls will be so fun!)
What a fun list, great idea!!! I will check out those songs again.
I guess I need to give on Gaiman another chance. I LOVE Tori however . . .
Post a Comment