daily quote for your perusal

I feel so humble and at peace this morning.

I know part of the reason has to be that the special holiday season begins this Thursday. Although Thanksgiving is often overlooked in decorations, do we truly forget this holiday where we gather together surrounded and surrounding the bouty in our lives? Thanksgiving never ceases to bring gratitude for too warm kitchens, wonderful smells of amazing food, and body-packed homes (or restaurants or church cultural halls) with people I love. The kids are fresh-scrubbed and dressed decently. Adults care less about their mischief. I love Thanksgiving and I love the Thanksgiving prayer on the food.

More peace...

Many of you use the music application Pandora. Did you know you can also have an LDS/Inspirational station WITHOUT (audio) COMMERCIALS? http://www.pandora.com/ I found Kenneth Cope, Hilary Weeks, Jon Schmidt, Jenny Jorday Frogley, MoTab, Paul Cardall, etc. We've all been listening to it this morning and it's really been great! It lends itself to a very sweet Sunday morning.

My kids have been sick with icky coughs (mostly at night) and Bryce was in some kind of pain last night that made him weep (is he too young for growing pains?). The blessing of being able to take care of my kids, their physical ailments, humbles me.

What a blessing to be needed by someone so small. I love being a mother.

It's all I truly wanted to be when I 'grew up.' I'm far from the best mother and this, of course, keeps me very humble. Isn't this all part of the plan anyway? I'm really grateful to be part of Heavenly Father's plan. I know that He knows me. What better gift can I have?

(by the way, this last picture is of me and Dane CRASHED on the couch during my creation narcolepsy period aka pregnancy with Ella)

7 comments:

Christie Gardiner said...

Lovely post. Coincidentally, I have a story about the Norman Rockwell Painting (Freedom from Want) in your post. Two weeks ago I went to a consignment store and found a print of this piece but I hated the frame, so I tried to peel back the frame to see if it could be replaced and lo and behold I find an authenticity certificate on a signed and numbered Norman Rockwell. Suffice it to say, I bought it immediately, paying 20 dollars. It's worth 400.00 but I'm keeping it!

Christie Gardiner said...

I think I'll tell that story on my blog!

* said...

Sweet pictures, sweet thoughts. I, too, am grateful for the humbling work of motherhood, especially for the nap part.

PS: Thanks for the heads up on the Goodreads "I poetry" group & poetry contest. Didn't even know it existed! I'm on it now!!

Cami said...

A great story, Christie and it's such a great title. I thought about mentioning it in my post...
Didn't.

rachel said...

I love the last two pics best. Very nice thoughts. I love this time of year too!

PS-Christie's story is interesting!

Ben Tanner said...

Cami? Is that you? This is Ben...I just ran into your blog while surfing... great looking family! You can find me at twitter.com/amanlefthanded or
facebook.com/benjoetanner or
www.restoredtruth.com or believe it or not.. www.benjtanner.com

Great to see your face.

* said...

Waaaaaah! I love your poetry list. To Pieces! Why can't we be neighbors, sisters, writing partners? Ahhh, how about friends? :)
I have some serious poetry homework to do now...

PS: I posted my (partial) list as a comment on my blog after your comment. Just in case you were curious.