You know how it goes...laundry is the forgotten chore until someone asks you about this or that piece of clothing (usually the husband, how does he go through so much, so quickly?). There's food to prepare, beds to make, bathrooms to scrub and then oh! the laundry. I forgot I was going to do that today.
Today as I sifted through the varied sizes of t-shirts and jeans, lonely socks and new (yay) towels to fold and return to closets and chests of drawers I was given a good punch of gratitude in my heart for my piled-up laundry.
Gratitude because it means that we have enough clothes, are blessed with more than enough, that even though I don't keep up with this important chore, my kids are still dressed, warm and clean.
I'm so grateful to live in a prosperous nation and that my husband has a job.
Such an easily-forgotten blessing, clothing, but I was happy for the reminder today.
Labels:
gratitude,
motherhood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Laundry is the never-ending chore. The second you're done someone throws something in the laundry.
I totally had this moment a few years ago where I was all: "Well wouldn't it be nice to just come home to clean laundary. To not even think about how your clothes got cleaned and folded and hung up ready to wear." All irritated and huffy.
And then I thought: "Well, it's probably like how the paycheck just gets deposited in the bank. I never even think about it, the work is performed for it and it gets in my bank account ready to spend."
I felt less irritated after that second thought. (This might turn into a post, actually...)
Ahh... thank you for reminding me of the blessing of laundry... it too is forgotten at our home and as I read your post I was picturing all of the laundry I am behind on and then reminded that we are blessed!! Thanks!! :)
Post a Comment