(photo credit)
Good morning to everybody!
A new monday is upon us and I got a good night's sleep!
I've already ironed , breakfasted, tidied and sent #1 son off to school.
#2 son and only daughter are selfishly (on my part) tucked away watching a movie at 8:50 AM because mommy needs some alone time.
Do weekends do this to you too? Leave you wishing most of the weekend that the house was your domain again and that little people and that big guy you married would all take a break from the place at different intervals?
Sometime I do.
I remember when the weekends were relaxing. I remember waking up on Saturday morning and reading in bed til nearly 10 AM with the soft breeze flowing into my room. I was 15, 16, 17 back then. The radio was on and "To the Sky" by the Cure would magically come on, the perfect soundtrack for the infiltrating sunshine through the blinds. Sigh...
So here's Monday, the big work day for mommies recovering from having their loved ones around all weekend. I can get quite a lot done during my alone time. And it's time to go do that now.
Good Monday to all!
Labels:
memories,
motherhood,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Mondays are not a day to dread anymore. Life resumes it's routine that keeps the head homemaker happy. Enjoy your monday!
I am in my jammies and plan on being in them until 5:25, 5 minutes before Doug gets home. I plan on reading, making dinner, and doing FHE. That's it!
Mondays are always a recovery day for me. I need one after my day of "REST"
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way! :) Amen sister!
Post a Comment