Ella turned five yesterday and got her first "friend" party. Dane had one when he was five. These things stress me out and are a lot of work so I don't do them every year. What I'm trying to explain is that this is special.
Ella chose to have a costume party so that all the kids could participate and she could still be a princess. We had a 5 boy:6 girl ratio and a 6 siblings/cousins:5 friends ratio. It worked out really well. I have no idea, though, why I'm giving you statistics.
We played Hullaballoo while wating for everyone to arrive. Then we decorated masquerade masks (if your child left theirs, I still have it), went on a treasure hunt (created by Dane. Thanks, buddy!) and ate our treasure. I made sugar cookies instead of going the cake and ice cream route. If you ask me, it was an INSPIRED idea.




The presents were a lot of fun and everything my Ella could have dreamed up. There was a lot of pink, tulle, ribbons, ponies and pink...I mentioned pink, right?
My mom helped a bunch. This is such a cute photo of her with her two granddaughters.
The End.
Oh, wait! We had a little family celebration that night as well, so her Daddy could participate.
Happy Birthday, my dear daughter. I love you so!
Thanks everyone for coming!!!
Oh, wait! We had a little family celebration that night as well, so her Daddy could participate.

3 comments:
A costume party was a PERFECT idea. The kids had such a great time.
Oh, I so remember that cute little baby Ella.
Super party... You did awesome with all of those kids there!!! That was a lot of kids.
Wonderful! Sounds like a great day! Happy Birthday Miss Ella! I love those cheeks in her baby picture!!
Post a Comment