Bryce.
Bryce. Bryce. Bryce.
This kid will not sleep in his bed.
We've felt like we've put ourselves into a difficult position having our boys share a room because we haven't been able to teach Bryce to stay in his own bed in the same way we taught the other two because we didn't want Dane constantly waking up from Bryce's displeasure.
Last night was the first night in weeks that Bryce has slept through the night, reminding me how sweet it can be.
Our new plan of attack is to put Dane through the nighttime routine in our room temporarily while we train Bryce in how this all works (then we'll move the unconscious Dane into his bed before we retire). Wish us luck. Our basic training has always consisted of walking the kids back to their beds each time they get out until they're so tired of the business (in a week or so) that they just stay in their beds. I think it's the consistency of our actions that trains them...I suppose that is the definition of training. I really hope it works because I need my sleep!
Other than getting a rare full-night's sleep, I am also grateful for ice cream.
Isn't this stuff great? It goes with everything, has more bribe-power than any other force known to man-kind, and it makes me so very happy!
My favorite in general is Rocky Road.
My favorite 'specialty' ice creams are:
Ben and Jerry's Creme Brulee
Ben and Jerry's Karamel Sutra
Blue Belle's Pecan Pralines and Cream
Blue Belle's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Dreyer's Slow-Churned Rocky Road (there's something oddly and delightfully weird about their low-fat marshmallow swirl)
Let's hear it for ice cream! And sleep...let's definitely hear it for sleep! Yay!

2 comments:
I hear ya... nothing better in life than a bowl of ice cream and a full nights rest! Good luck with Bryce. We are getting ready to move Kenna into a BIG Girl bed and I fear we will have some sleepless nights. She is not the best sleeper to begin with so... we shall see! Mason hasn't been sleeping too well lately which is worse when they sleep well for a while and then don't all of the sudden! I think Ice Cream is a good fix... we like the safeway brands Caramel Carribou and Mud Pie!
i hope it goes well with Bryce - Eric is our toughy too. Rach and andrew go to be wonderfully, eric - is another question, although he does stay in bed once he gets to sleep. Good luck!
Post a Comment