daily quote for your perusal

So, my dr informed me that most of my aches and pains are a result of not having a deep night's sleep. He stated that it's the best muscle relaxer that there is.

Since Bryce wakes up around 3 AM each morning...well, you see the problem here.

Enter the sticker chart:Who wouldn't want to sleep through the night in his own bed with these stickers?!

Anyway, first morning after (Thursday) he rushed in to our room: "I get a sticker! I get a sticker!" We praised him and saw light at the end of the dark tunnel.

Friday? Good.

Saturday? No go.

Sunday? Good.

Monday? No.

Tuesday? No.

Wednesday?

Well, Bryce and Ella both came into our room at quarter to three. We all walked out. I tucked Ella in her bed, comforted her, then since Bryce went to his bed, I went back to mine. He began his piteous cry of lonliness and in my brain the thoughts: "WhatdoIdo?WhatdoIdo?WhatdoIdo?!"

I sat with him for a bit, till his breathing was even and then slowly sneaked out and happily got back into my own bed.

Immediately, his feet pad across the floor. I open my door and ask him to return to bed.

The cry again.

I remain calm, but insist that if he can't stay in his bed, then I'll have to lock my door.

One more cry.

I go back to bed.

I listen.

I listen.

I know no more.

Cam found him the next morning.
This is what success looks like. I praised him like crazy for staying in his room, he got his sticker. Could I really be seeing progress?!

1 comments:

rachel said...

That is the cutest pic!! He did it-seems successful to me :) And what I wouldn't do for a fuzzy spider sticker...