After we found out that one of our favorite new bands, TRAVIS, was coming in concert in April, Angie and I decided to treat each other and go! 
It was an awesome concert at the small venue of The Depot in downtown Salt Lake City.
The depot is a private club and neither of us had ever been to a club before so we were pleasantly surprised with it all.
Fran, here, is the lead singer and he was a very charming Scotsman. We almost wished he'd talk more than sing. I think I'm in the market for a big brother like him.
The set list for Angie...
Looking at these photos, all I can thing of is their song All I Wanna Do is Rock (which is actally more of an atypical song for them, style-wise)
This video is more than 10 yrs old. They look so young!
At the concert Fran (lead vocals) looked like a cross between Jim Cramer and Michael Stipe.
At least we brought our cell phones for photos...
For the final number, all the sound, mics included, were turned off and the group gathered together on stage to sing Flowers in the Window a cappela. We all had to be very quiet, as you can imagine, and we got to join in on the chorus.



3 comments:
I so wish that I'd known about this. I love Travis. Flowers in the Window is one of my faves of course.
Loved, loved, LOVED it! When can we go again??????
I will have to check Travis out!
Post a Comment