daily quote for your perusal

We started the day (April 8th) in a huff and hurry as we had an appointment directly following dropping Dane off at school and everyone needed to be ready to go at 8:00 AM sharp.
Ella had a rapidly-growing mole on her lower back that had us worried. I assured her several times that the dermatologist was just going to look at it today and we would ask him all the questions she wanted about any further procedure.
I really need to stop promising things about doctor's visits.
We got her in the office. The mole was examined. The dermatologist said we could continue to watch it or just scrape it off right then. I'm telling you about a traumatic day so OF COURSE we go ahead with it.
Ella is lying on her tummy and is hysterical as the nurse injects the spot with an anesthetic. I'm trying to keep her calm so that that tiny needle doesn't snap off or something really bad. She is not calming easily.
The Dr comes back in and gets the razor ready. Ella can't feel a thing and she's starting to be calm. The scrape proves to not be enough and they'll have to "punch" it out. Foolishly, I watch the whole thing until I get a bit queasy. In the end, Ella had to get two stitches to be removed in 12 days.
Did I mention that all that rush hour traffic almost got me in an accident?
So I make it all better by taking the kids to Fashion Place mall. I wonder if Bryce has ever been in a mall. I don't think he has! Boy, someone is a homebody! Anyway, we have fun. Get treats. Get See's Chocolates! Some of my favorites: blueberry truffles, dark choc. molasses chips, dark buttercream, dark choc. bordeaux, butterscotch squares and dark choc. truffle and of course, dark cherry chocolates.
Then I decided to take the kids to the Humane Society to see cats, dogs, etc. At first, Ella is fascinated by the kitties, but as we progress to the more inhabited rooms, she is freaking out about the smell (and, oh yeah, it's bad) and then the barks of the dogs. There are an amazing amount of pit-bulls and pit-bull mixes that seem to be at the bottom of this. There are several beautiful labs there that are being very good boys and I wish I could just take them with me. We go look at the puppies and Bryce tells me how sad they are and they want to come home with us (he tells me all they way home how sad they are). In the end, Ella is CURED of ever wanting a dog or cat, but asks if we can go to the pet store. We do. She is much more happy with the idea of RATS! Ick!
The rest of the day procedes fairly normal. We pick Dane up from school, we have dinner and then I go to a meeting at the church. As I leave my meeting, a couple tell me that my car has been broken into (ack! I should've walked).
My purse was stolen. In it was my wallet and all those lovely credit cards, my driver's license and my...(chocking sob)...CAMERA. Utterly lame because now I have no pictures on my post.
The perpetrator(s) got a charge at Wendy's for $12 and a fill-up at a gasoline station before we could get the credit cards cancelled.
I'm off to get my replacement driver's license.

10 comments:

Christie Gardiner said...

Oh wow, your day is pure and utter poop!

Cami said...

I forgot to mention the very best part of the day...while I was still at the scene of the crime, my son (who should've been in bed) overheard my husband talking to the CC company about my wallet being stolen.
He found one of his two velco-closure cloth wallets and asked my husband to give it to me.
Aw, my heart melted!

Anisa said...

I just don't talk to you enough any more... that has to change.

I feel so horrible about your car.

But I really am amazed you took your kids to the mall, humane society and pet store... that's like 3 months worth of outings.

And you so don't have my taste for chocolate, but we already knew that.

Seegmiller Six said...

What a terrbile feeling - having your purse stolen and window broken-ugh! I'm always afraid that is going to happen. I hope today is a much better day for you! :)

Laurie Blackett said...

It sounds like you need to come to an Easter egg hunt tomorrow at Aunt Jones!!! That should make you feel better!!!
Love ya,
Laurie

Cami said...

Very excited about the Easter Egg hunt!

CJMsquared+6 said...

Bummer... what a day!!

Anonymous said...

what a nightmare!

Kirbell said...

Yikes. Look on the bright side...life can only get better tomorrow.

Jen said...

Oh, Cami! I feel sick for you!