While searching for my herp lamp (a lamp used to warm reptiles in captivity), I stumbled upon some papers I thought were long lost.
I was so thrilled to find 14 different poems I had written either with Ben or Alesha in tandem between 15-16 years ago. These are a big deal to me. Even the handwriting on the pages brings tender feelings to my heart. I feel like I've definitely found some treasure.
I would also like to say how much I really like Dr. Seuss. He has been a wonderful influence on reading and speech in our family and in my own young life. However, this page of Oh The Thinks You Can Think has been eerie and frightening to me my entire life. Can you believe I closed my eyes to this page as I read the book to Bryce the other night?
I mean, what would you do if you met a jibboo? I would run screaming in terror. Tell me, isn't this creepy?!
I got to laugh a lot this weekend. I'm terribly fond of laughing, especially when it's with my parents and brother Ryan.
I hope you had a great weekend and spent it with someone you love.

2 comments:
Oh My gosh Cami! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Calvin and Hobbes. Its' even more funny when you have your own kids, not to mention MALE kids in your house :)
Those poems were a precious find :) Can I ask...why a herp lamp?
Post a Comment