daily quote for your perusal

After the following information was shared and very well received during a recent discussion amongst friends, I wanted to share with all of you. It's from a book I'm reading called Christlike Parenting:
"Well-meaning parents who have tried their best should avoid the temptation of using their children's behavior as the measure for their success as parents. If children's behavior were the sole measure of good parenting, our Heavenly Father would not qualify." The writer admonishes us to do our best and go forth in faith.
Sound advice.
Have a happy parenting day!

7 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

thanks for posting that very encouraging tidbit!!

Brooke said...

Great advice for us all.

Chunk N ME said...

I LOVE THAT!! Thanks for sharing :)

rachel said...

Nice! Inspiring book is it? Glad you're enjoying it!

Angie said...

A parenting book that makes you feel better instead of worse in regards to your parenting skilss?? I may have to read that one.

CJMsquared+6 said...

Very encouraging and true... and about the Green... I can't help it I have some Irish in my side of the fam and for some reason have always loved St. Paddy's Day!! Don't know why, I'm not a drinker! So I guess I'll have to be a traitor to the Mortensens for the month of March!!

jenica said...

i LOVE this! we have friends with 11 children, we were once discussing some of their kids choices in life and i asked if it hurt their feelings to watch their kids fall astray. the dad's reply was perfect, "i'm not better than heavenly father, and he lost a 1/3 part of his own children."

secondly, i remember a talk by marvin j. ashton in which he talks about how if you have 6 children who all go on missions, get married in the temple, and have perfect lives... well, shut up about it! most parents don't.

xoxo