Several weeks ago, in the dark of his room Bryce was crying. I found the first binkie I could find and handed it to him and he shouted "I don't want the pokey one." Confounded, I stumbled back to bed and I'm still not sure what got him back to sleep that night. Days lat
er, I discovered what he meant by "pokey." Turns out that Bryce had started chewing holes in his silicone pacifiers, including the brand-new ones Santa put in his stocking. When I warned him that if he kept chewing holes then I'd have to throw them all away and wouldn't buy any more, he decided he was done then and there.
This was not a big deal because he still had his "nigh-nigh" (aka Mommy's slip). He's pretty attached to that.
Last night, I had put the slip in the wash and it wasn't waiting for him in his bed...now here's the funny quote you read through this whole story for:
He said: Where's my nigh-nigh?
I said: I don't know (LIAR!)
He said: Blast it! (hitting his bed) I don't have a nigh-nigh!
Ok, well, it was late and it was really funny at the time. He's quite the character.

1 comments:
Blast it!!! I think it's totally cute.
Post a Comment