First of all today is my 9 1/2 year anniversary. We were married on Friday the 13th, too.
Bryce has apparently reached his sugar threshhold (what with stealing his brother's candy any chance he gets) because he has eaten 'lunch' for breakfast the past two days. I only got him to eat his 'breakfast' for lunch yesterday because I fed it to him (yeah, he'll be 2 1/2 in two weeks) and because I pretended that there were monsters in the bowl of oatmeal and told him that he needed to eat them quickly. I also acted like the bowl was jumping around like crazy and that the monster wouldn't hold still. The kids were in stitches. Now he's just finished a bowl of "Mac-an-cheese." Whatever. At least he's eating.

This morning, just after Cam left for work, I spied a present for me on the table. Yipee! I opened it up and it is a book I'd asked for called Christ-like Parenting. I have been trying lately to wrestle person demons of selfishness and anger, trying to be a better parent and giving my children the respect, love and good mommy-ness they totally deserve so I thought this would be a great addition to my efforts. I told Dane about my gift and he said essentially that it sounded good because up til now it had been Crisis Parenting. Ouch! He provided the play on words, I furnished all my own guilt.
Cute little thing about Cameron...he often has little phrases and such in his head that he heard as a child and never corrected as an adult (but now that he is married to the super grammarian...). Example: "For all intents and
purposes" was, to him, "For all intensive purposes."
purposes" was, to him, "For all intensive purposes." Now that it's February, I've noticed he says ValenTIMES. Funny, odd, but he used it to his advantage on his gift to me. "Will you be my Valentimes for all times?" Awwww...he's sweet!

Recently, Cam and I watched Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor. I was struck again by how unearthly blue Mr. Newman's eyes are. Seriously.
So, this morning, I came up with a fun activity to post. I shall call it: "The Eyes Have It"
Just see if you can figure out which movie stars' eyes you are seeing here. There is a multitude of variety here old & young, some dead, some still making movies. Good luck! The first comment in the comment section has the answers.
Now, I've given you plenty to comment on, so feel free. :)


5 comments:
Men
A-Clark Gable
B-Jude Law
C-Robert Downey Jr.
D-Paul Newman
E-Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter)
F-Matthew McConaughey
Women
A-Julia Roberts
B-Bette Davis
C-Gyneth Paltrow
D-Susan Sarandon
E-Meg Ryan
F-Vivien Leigh
I swear to you...I am not even kidding...I got every one right! I even knew you threw Vivien in at the end, maybe just for me??? OK, I know I am SLIGHTY bragging, but I am pretty cool...
I did ok! Not every one right but more women than men! Let me know how your book is. It sounds like something I could/should read too!
If you are interested in parenting stuff, you may already have heard about Love and Logic. I have the cd's and they are books also. I've liked them. Almost my whole family actually has tried them out.
It would help if I knew who some of those actors were. I got Julia Roberts, Robert Downey Jr. and Matthew McConaughey.
Post a Comment