Well, there are definitely good things that happened yesterday.
I almost finished painting the wall and I'm finishing up right after I post.
One bonus project I'm really excited about was done with help from my dad, who I successfully bribed with lasagne. Now to join me in my excitement, you would have actually had to use my kids/guest bathroom, but anyway...This sunken tub used to have dark sliding doors encasing it. This made it nearly impossible to bathe my kids. It had become a very unhappy chore until now! Yay! It's gone! Of course, now I have a lot of left-over grime to scrape off and scrub away, but I DON"T CARE! It's like a new bathroom, full of light and space and no metal bar to press on my chest while I'm trying to wash my kids' hair! Yay again!
Now, to the not so pleasant part, which begins just after finishing up all I could do on my wall yesterday and after picking up Dane from school. Bryce's mild cold took everything up a big notch by giving him a 103.4 degree fever. We got right into his pediatrician who said that he had a condition that comes from ugly viruses called Bronchiolitis. I have never seen him so unhappy and we had a rough, rough night. Right before bed, his fever jumped up again to 103.8 and you can be I'm getting that bajeebies (is that how one might spell that?!) scared out of me. He's breathing very rapidly, one breath per second, which is the absolute limit before you take the kid to the hospital for oxygen! Yikes! I give him a luke warm bath that makes him very upset, but it took his temp down a whole degree so there's a little relief. So I'm crying and praying, praying and crying and he finally is able to fall asleep for about 20 minutes (it's like 10 PM, now). He wakes throwing a fit ever 30 minutes or so after that and lullabies, stories, everything makes him more upset. My alarm goes off at 2 AM so I can give him two medications as well as a breathing treatment, but (after he screamed himself to sleep) he slept until 7:30 this morning.
Can you say SAGA?
If you're still with me, Bryce is doing OK. Still coughing like crazy and he has a milder fever. He's pretty miserable. Just looking at his sad pouty lips and pink, pink cheeks would break your heart.
Well, it's tradition around here that the kids always get really sick when Cam's out of town. I'm even going so far as to say it could be worse. All of them could be sick OR I could be cleaning up vomit. I'm really very grateful and I do know that Heavenly Father heard and answered my prayers last night.
Labels:
Bryce,
kids,
motherhood,
my faith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I'm glad Bryce got some sleep last night and hope he's feeling better today.
I love the wall and can't wait to see it in person.
Yuck... I hate it when kids are sick. (not that I know of anyone who likes it) We have had several bouts of high fevers and breathing treatments with Kenna... not fun so I don't envy you but sympathize completely! Hope he is feeling much better now.
PS the wall looks good and so does the shower. We had to do the same thing to our house when we moved in!
I'm sorry! Poor little guy and poor mommy who needs a break!!
but P.S. I love your bathroom and painting you've done!! VERY NICE!!
I'm glad Bryce is better. Man, I hate those sliding doors on bathtubs, too. Such a pain. Way to get rid of it!!
I'm impressed that you have the pictures on already! We need to talk sewing more I feel like almost an expert...you didn't really make much of a dent in the fabric room! If you want to be REALLY sweet you will send those pictures to Sams for me if you get a minute any and all from the party...XOXO Mom
Post a Comment