daily quote for your perusal

So I'm just sitting here ripping CDs onto my hard drive, wearing a very fluffy, very warm, very red robe and thought I'd drop a post of random thoughts.
Got up a little early to iron Cam's new work shirts and thought I'd also iron the boys' new bedding (bedspreads, dust ruffles, etc.) Tedious work, but punctuated by my dropping the searing hot iron onto the nylon mesh that goes under the mattress on the dust ruffle. Iron shaped hole there now. Thankfully it will be covered up and I managed to get the marshmallow-like goo off my iron plate.
Dane is already begging to play the Xbox. Chore time! After a few days of nothing but play it's time to participate in the betterment of this house before sitting mindless in front of a machine. I used to be such a gamer, but really am not happy about this acquirement.
Ella is wearing her new, adorable robe from Cam's mom. She hasn't put down her new My Little Pony figurines for longer than it takes to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner.
Bryce loves his little Lego guys, Dane's little Lego guys, his Bumblebee Transformer and his new teddy bear, Sam. He also likes having his Buzz Lightyear cell phone toy with him in the car. He uses this to call all his grandparents.
Sadly, my camera is down at Grandma's house so: no pictures. They were going to drive up on Friday, but the weather put a stop to that.
Now, it's back to sort-of normal life. Some things are going be taken down (like the 12 ft Christmas tree with three ornaments on it), but most will be left up. Gifts need to be put away, candy must be eaten, laundry needs to be done.
New Years will be spent with good friends and then Dane will be 7 years old on Thursday. That'll be another post.

1 comments:

Angie said...

My Christmas is coming down today. I can't take it anymore. I need routine and normal-ness!! Laundry's mostly done but everytime i think the candy has been eaten 3 little monkeys turn up with more. I guess I should get to work so I can play later. :)