daily quote for your perusal


Movie lists by me!

Top B/W comedies:


  • The Philadelphia Story

  • His Girl Friday

  • Some Like it Hot

  • Mr. and Mrs. Smith

  • It Happened One Night





Top B/W dramas:





  • Notorious
  • Spellbound
  • Song of Bernadette


  • The Ghost and Mrs. Muir


  • Casablanca


  • Portrait of Jennie





Top Musicals:

  • Flower Drum Song

  • Carousel

  • Gigi

  • The Unsinkable Molly Brown

  • My Fair Lady

  • Fiddler on the Roof

Top Technicolor Films:

  • Rear Window

  • Gone with the Wind

  • Gentlemen prefer Blondes

  • Meet Me in St. Louis

  • The Little Princess

  • A Star is Born (1954)
Favorite Scary/Suspenseful Films:


  • Vertigo
  • (the previously mentioned) Notorious
  • Midnight Lace
  • The Innocents
  • Laura
  • Wait Until Dark
  • Rebecca

Most Memorable Films of the 80s:

  • Top Gun


  • Back to the Future

  • The Return of the Jedi

  • Karate Kid

  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off

  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

  • The Little Mermaid

Worth Mentioning from the 90s:


  • Schindler's List
  • The Shawshank Redemption

  • Pulp Fiction

  • Ghost

Favorite James Bond Film:

  • On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Animated Favorites:

  • The Last Unicorn

  • Finding Nemo

  • Sleeping Beauty

  • Alice in Wonderland

  • Ratatouille

  • My Neighbor Totoro
  • The Castle of Cagliostro

Last Three Movies I Saw:


  • Eagle Eye
  • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
  • Martian Child

And to finish...

A few quirky-type movies that I think everyone should give a try:

  • Strictly Ballroom
  • Waking Ned Divine
  • The Hudsucker Proxy
  • Romeo and Juliet (1996)
  • Millions
  • Death Takes a Holiday (1934 and the original, of sorts, for Meet Joe Black)
  • Stranger than Fiction

and on a movie related note...

At the very bottom of my blog there is a fun and very interesting (to movie lovers) video that has different movie clips that count down from 100. It's about 10 minutes long.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there!
So good to get a comment from you, it's been ages. What beautiful children you have. Hope to hear from you again soon!

Kirbell said...

Great movie ideas. I need to get into older movies. One of my favorite scaries is Wait Until Dark. Ooooh.

Cami said...

Oh! I forgot about Wait Until Dark!
I have to amend my list. Thanks for the reminder, Kirsten!

The Scott and Camille Neilson Family said...

I found you! Don't blame Jamie, she didn't tell (even though I asked very nicely). Cute blog, cute kids, cute you, etc... One of my husband's favorite movies is Waking Ned Divine. It's an odd little movie! Well, it was fun to find you. Take care!

Angie said...

I don't think I've seen very many. I did see Vertigo (thanks to you) and liked it. Jeff watched the Hudsucker Proxy (which just by the name sound slike something he'd watch).

rachel said...

I've seen almost all the oldies- I love old movies too! What I want to know is what's the movie with the pic of John Cusack at the bottom of the post?...I think I may want to see that one :)

Rebekah said...

Wow, that's quite a list!

Rachel - that's Martian Child, and I've wanted to see that, too.

And can I just say "yum" to the shot of Val Kilmer with the volleyball...!!!