daily quote for your perusal

I suppose I should have posted these while you could still go to the Scarecrow Festival...sorry.
It was a beautiful day.Going alone made it a bit more exhausting at the end of the day, but we had a lot of fun (and we're glad that Anisa is feeling better).

Click here to see how the kids looked last year...lots of changes!

These photos are amazing to me because you can see that all three of my kids took a ride on the ponies. Dane rode an actual horse, Ella had to be bribed and Bryce decided three steps in that he was done. Although I managed to get him to stay on his pony, he refused to hold onto the saddle horn. I never thought he'd prove to be the most nervous about this.

If you've never been, it's an event sponsored by West Ridge Academy that helps troubled youth make something of themselves. It's an awesome organization. The Festival has 10+ inflated slides and bouncing, uh, things. It has kiddie carnival games, a mild haunted house, bungee trampoline jumping, RC car racing, performers and pony rides (at the Thanksgiving Point barnyard). That is all included in the admission price. They also have a fishing pond, carnival food, craft boutique and a pumpkin 'patch.' I think the admission is pricey, but we were there for 5 hours. We packed a lunch, snacks and lots to drink.

2 comments:

Angie said...

So fun. Glad you still went. BTW, I like the new look here.

Anisa said...

Glad you had fun. We missed you.