daily quote for your perusal

In honor of my friend Jessica, here are some random lists...


Some odd flashback songs I've heard in the past 24 hours:

Plays by Shakespeare I realized this week that I really ought to read:

  • A Winter's Tale
  • Two Gentlemen of Verona
  • Merchant of Venice
  • All's Well that Ends Well
  • Cymbeline

Somethings I'd really love to accomplish this month:

  • Rip the sliding shower door out of the kids' bathroom (I got the go ahead from Cam!)
  • Get the ball rolling on decorating the boys' room (other than buying those cute tin signs at Scrapbook USA)
  • Make our bathroom more cosy/homey
  • Organize our closet
  • Organize our mud 'closet' for the upcoming winter

A short list of some favorite poems

  • God is No Gentleman by Carl Sandburg
  • To L L by Oscar Wilde
  • The Ballad of the Harp-Weaver by Edna St. Vincent Millay
  • The Goblin-Market by Christina Rossetti
  • Birches by Robert Frost

Some good thoughts dwelt on in the past week:

  • I am feeling settled here in our new place and feel like we belong...just this week.
  • When you are with your children, be with your children.
  • Babies are little pieces of heaven
  • The Lord knows when its time
  • My kids amaze me

2 comments:

Anisa said...

I want to help you decorate your boys' roojm!

Jessica said...

You really should read Merchant of Venice.

1)Might be my favorite
2)WONDERFUL lessons on justice vs. mercy
3)My dad was reading it in college when I was born and that's where he got the idea from my name.