daily quote for your perusal

Dane started school today. Yes. Today. July 29th. It's the middle of the summer for 6-year-olds' sake!
Ah, well, now that we've transferred from a private to year-round public school, we'll just have to go with the flow.

Well, here's my handsome man. He is so precious to me. I love that smile and that adorable face!
Here's Dane in front of the school.
A hug from his sister...WE MISSED YOU, DANE! No, seriously, your mommy really missed you and she cried all the way home...again.
When I asked him how it went, he said it wasn't very good. Turns out the playground isn't "all that" and he was disappointed. Of course! Everything hinges on a cool playground! I told him it'd all be fun once he and the other kids got to know each other better and got to playing games together.

With further probing, he said that the best part of the day (actually to quote Dane "the only good thing") was story time. He then launched into descriptions of two different books and then I got to see that smile that let me know his school day wasn't the half-empty glass he'd let me to believe it was. The second book he was describing (face it, I was a little distracted trying to lead 3 munchkins back to the van) began to sound familiar.
"Wait, Dane, are you telling me that you read Morris the Moose? Cool!" Love that book! Great choice, Mrs. Stott!

4 comments:

rachel said...

Yea Dane!! Conner's been talking about him starting school for the last few days- And yea for the moose :) Sometimes the smallest things make all the difference!

Anisa said...

Glad you got some pics so you have something to scrapbook. I'm sure he'll like it when he gets some new friends.

Jessica said...

I know...so hard. I always get weepy on the first day of school. (And then, one hour into my quiet clean house, I feel a little bit better.)

Seegmiller Six said...

I am dreading the day that Andrew goes off to school! End of July? That's so wierd, even here they don't start year round until the end of August. FUn, fun, fun.