daily quote for your perusal

HOMECOMING!!!

My in-laws have finally returned from their second mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. They served in the Germany Freiberg Temple for 18 months. They met and worked with some wonderful people and I'm sure it was hard to say good-bye. They had some amazing experiences there and so many blessings.

Kids sure grow a lot in 18 months. Kathy, my mil, stood back for a long time just looking at the grandkids then teased them about eating while she was gone when she told them not to.

We made welcome home signs during family home evening yesterday. Bryce, whose sign read "Hello. My name is Bryce", held his sign the whole time, even all the way back home. Dane decorated a cute hat as well with the German flag and "I am 6" written all over it.

My sweet niece and nephew practiced at saying "Welcome Home" and did a great job. Kristine was heart-broken when we had to say good-bye in the parking garage. I don't know if she was sadder about leaving Grandma and Grandpa or not getting to play with my kids.

Alesha and her daddy
The group (Alesha took the shot)

2 comments:

Seegmiller Six said...

WHat great pictures! Alesha's kids are way cute! I'm so glad they are home - please give them a big hug from me! :)

Chad and Kristen said...

How exciting!

p.s. Thanks for getting back to me. I finally broke down and bought a copy of Twilight, I figured I'm going to want to read them all again before the movie comes out in December anyway.