daily quote for your perusal

This year our stake (the South Jordan Glenmoor Stake) was invited to participate in the Days of '47 Children's parade. Our float was a replica of the Oquirrh Mountain temple. On the back was a large journal with the temple goals of hundreds of primary kids. The whole thing was surrounded by flowers handmade by each primary child. I am describing this to you because it didn't occur to me to take a picture of it. Anyway, you could either dress as a pioneer or in a white t-shirt and jeans. Obviously we put a lot of effort into this.
Ella did make an adorable pioneer child.
I felt like we were really lucky to have our daddy there.
Oh, you know he's cute!
Decorating sugar cookies was just one of the fun (and free!) activities to do.




Dane met and then embraced the dark side of the force. It was really cool to see Darth Vader as well as Storm Troopers, a jawa and a Tuscan Raider wandering around. And the Disney princesses thing they are popular!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Where were the princesses? we found all the star wars guys (which mckay loved), but no princesses. I'll have to put this festival in the plans for next year. I think we missed out on a lot of the activities. At least they got to do a lot of inflatibles. Shelly might have a picture of the float. (You could have one of mine, but it has my kids in front.)

rachel said...

Love the new look of your blog!!

Jessica said...

You think that picture of Bryce is cute because you two are identical. EXACT same eyes!

Anisa said...

How fun. Was this last weekend? I can hear the screams from Joren now with the life size Darth Vader.

jenica said...

what a cute, cute fam!

xoxo