daily quote for your perusal



I am scared of my children .




More acurately, I would say that I'm scared of their fits and reactions to my simple suggestions that they might want to do their chores. They seem to be in so much pain at the mere thought of any work.

Just this morning I asked Ella to start putting the flatware away while I made her breakfast. I could feel the balling-up dread fill my stomach so sure that what was coming would be more of the drama that has been pervading our home the last oh, two, three weeks.
When she just said "Ok" and went to it, I nearly fell over. This proves to me once again that I am so whupped.



Dane is the worst lately, acting like a tall 2-year-old and frequently growling "I'm not gonna do it."


Advice for myself: Just walk away slowly, don't make eye contact, play dead if you must, but don't give in to the wild animal tantrum...or worse: become a wilder animal.
They can smell fear, you know...

4 comments:

rachel said...

good post! not fun stuff I know, but clever...oh so clever.

Anisa said...

I have found that crying works for me. The kids will melt and do whatever I want.

Kelly Ann said...

hey, we were added to a class of 94 blog sight that has a lot of other classmates blogs on it. if you'd be interested in being added or just looking at it here's the address http://sfhs1994.blogspot.com/
it was fun to see so many familiar faces and where they've gotten to in their lives.
i don't know who added us and it kind of irked me that they didn't ask. we found out about it in a round about way. so i thougth i'd give you a heads up.
oh and i loved this last blog. i absolutely dread wesley's reaction to any change in venue or when we have to leave grandma deanie's house. thanks, for letting me know i'm not the only one.

Angie said...

There should be a support group for this kind of things. :)