daily quote for your perusal



Ladies, I have several free evenings which I would like to fill with some excellent 'chick-flicks' and I need some suggestions. Old, new, B&W, Technicolor...anything!
(Only You--my guilty pleasure)



I'm considering Wuthering Heights with Lawrence Olivier and Little Women with Katherine Hepburn as well as a Jane Austen or two, but don't think I could do BBC's Pride and Prejudice this time around.

Lay 'em on me! Just leave them in the comments section.


Send your blogging friends to me and please feel free to post as many as you want.
You can also include why you love the film(s) or why you are suggesting it/them.


<--Sweet Home Alabama



Return to Me-->





Forget Paris -->









<--27 Dresses



Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

-->

Thank you!

(disclaimer: I have not necessarily seen half of the films pictured here, so if any were on your list of suggestions don't shy away from it.)

7 comments:

Chad and Kristen said...

I absolutely loved P.S. I Love You...it just came out on DVD not too long ago, I think it rated PG-13, And A Walk to Remember, both are tear jerkers, I watch them if I need a good cry :)

Chad and Kristen said...

Sweet How Alabama and 27 dresses are very good as well!!
I also love Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Enchanted, Because I Said So, Can't Buy Me Love (an oldy but a goody, with Patrick Dempsey as a teenager)
Pretty Woman, I could go on and on. I love "chick flicks" need any other suggestions let me know!

Anisa said...

My favorite is Meet Joe Black because I'm a Brad Pitt fan.

The book the Notebook is better than the movie... read that instead.

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is a fun teeny bopper movie, but made me cry during this pregnancy... even though I had already seen it. Go figure!

Angie said...

My favorites are Return to Me (laugh and cry every time), The Holiday (I like the music), and Stardust (kinda like Princess Bride type fantasy-very fun and an adorable lead). I love all the other movies listed as well -at least ones that I've seen. Let's see what else...Lake House is good. RV is just funny. Not really a chick flick, but funny. Maybe that's because it reminds me of my family...:) Have fun with your girlie movies!

Chad and Kristen said...

oh I remembered one more, that makes me cry everytime...Stepmom

Chad and Kristen said...

oh I remembered one more, that makes me cry everytime...Stepmom

Kelly Ann said...

i don't know if i'm too late on this but the movie i love, no matter when is 'chocolate' with johnny depp and juliet binoche. it always makes me smile. i also have to second angie who suggested stardust, it's a new favorite for me as well.