daily quote for your perusal


1. I have Post-Traumatic Vomit Disorder. PTVD is frequently experienced by parents whose child has thrown-up all over them in the last 24 hours. It is evidenced by a uneasy, queasy feeling that you too will soon be losing your lunch, despite the fact that you're not even sick. My little Bryce coughed himself into such a mess last evening and we spent the rest of the night worrying whether each cough was a warning of impending doom or not. Thankfully, he did not throw up again, but he did cough and cry all night long. Today, he's his usual social busy-body self, only with a temp of 103' F.



2. My musical taste has been punctuated by a very happy 3 minutes and 36 seconds. I have discovered for myself a song called Walk Away by Franz Ferdinand. It is so totally rockin' cool and yesterday the kids and I danced like crazy people all over our family room together to it. I'm a sucker for a story song (which this is, almost).



3. I love spring rain. We have an abundance right now. Deep breath in...
Ella, with much enthusiasm exclaimed "Mom, I think the rain is making puddles. Lots of puddles everywhere!"
4. Tired of my mediocre spirituality, I have been steadily improving and have added more spiritual books to my reading list with the strong and real intent to read them! I've never read many LDS books, other than the missionary classics, preferring to stick with the scriptures alone. Anyway, I'm excited and currently reading Eve and the Choice Made in the Eden.



5. I love the Goodreads Never-Ending Book Quiz, here.



6. I feel amazed and in awe of the blessing of my husband, Cameron. When the going gets tough, he sticks to me closer than ever and never lets me doubt his love for me. What an amazing gift he is! I've said it before: while I don't believe that every person in the world has just one right person that would make them happy for eternity, some people do and Cameron is my one and only.



7. I am really grateful for creative and fabulous friends that inspire, uplift and entertain me. To name just three: Angie, Anisa, Rachel. Thanks, girls!



8. I'm really grateful for my cell phone (the thing I thought I'd never want or need). My favorite feature? The calendar that I can plug my appointments into and it'll even remind me 15 minutes before I need to be there. Second favorite feature? That it plays MP3s and that I currently have over 400 songs at my finger tips. Yum!

3 comments:

Angie said...

What a sweet post and thank you! It almost made me cry. :)

Let's get sewing!!

Anisa said...

I feel honored to be on your blog. I don't know what I would do without you.

I'm just sad Bryce got me sick:) J/K

Jessica said...

There are LOTS and LOTs of things I just find so great about you, but I LOVE how much you love your husband. ( I can relate, you know and am just so happy to see others so happy.) Thanks for always sharing it on your blog.