daily quote for your perusal


New stuff from the weekend:

New experience with Mandy (my sister) of seeing Laser U2 at the Clark Planetarium. Although I genuinely enjoyed the show and loved the music, I don't know that I attend another laser show. Not my thing, I guess. Mandy gained a new appreciation for U2.

First Sunday with our new church callings. Cam is in the Sunday School presidency and I am the Relief Society chorus. We'll miss our Primary acquaintances. It's like being new in the ward all over again, but of course I got plenty of smiles and was again memorizing names like crazy.

Ella got new teachers for Sunbeams and she is enamoured with them. I think she'll get a lot more out of Primary now.

We also got a new Bishopric. We enjoyed our former bishop and his councillors and look forward to getting to know the new guys on the stand.

I got a new and very welcomed perspective about my wonderful children.

I've been able to spend time pondering on the great gift that they are and realizing more than ever that motherhood is not a right but an amazing priveledge. I've been able to rethink my influence on their lives and as I ponder a life with no new babies, I'm trying to figure out how to let go a little 'cause these kids are growing fast. Enter a new phase of mothering (but not until Bryce is potty-trained!)



Got to know a new music artist: Kate Walsh. Read this review, it sums it up perfectly. Very folksy. A lot like early-Jewel, but with a better voice. This was really relaxing.

I also have a new attitude about Monday. Sorry, Garfield, but Monday is my new go-to day. I was actually excited about all the housework I could do as the day dawned. To me this is the result of the new trend of Bryce sleeping, ergo me sleeping through the night as well as what a messy weekend we had.



Oh and a new blog look!

5 comments:

Chad and Kristen said...

ok, so we got to a baby blessing in my brother-in-laws ward only to hear everything has changed....who is our new bishopric?
Austin is still in denial, that you are no longer his sunbeam teacher, everytime I tell him that he has a new teacher now, he says, no and shakes his head vigorously...poor guy! who are the new sunbeam teachers?

Kirbell said...

Like the NEW look! So are you thinking you're done having kids? That would be nice, huh? I'm teetering between "all done" and "maybe just one more." The jury's still out.

Angie said...

Love the new look. Have fun with all the "new" stuff in your life. I think I'm still in denial that you're not in primary anymore.
:)

Cami said...

I'm truly sad about that. I was really getting attached to these sweet 3 and 4-yr olds. They are angels.
Three months isn't long enough to be a Sunbeam teacher.

Seegmiller Six said...

congratulations on your new callings, etc. Seems like every once in awhile, life just up and changes on you - then just when you get used to it, it changes again - i guess that's what keeps us spry!