We'll do a quick summary to catch ya'll up. 
Sunday was my birthday.
Ryan, my brother, sent the first text message, followed by a very festive one from my aunt, Jone.
We started the day by attending my second cousin, Genevieve's baby blessing. Hurried home after the post-block luncheon to have Cam set apart in his new church calling. Turns out that my name was read during sacrament meeting for my new calling as R.S. chorister, so someone else got to take my last week as Sunbeam teacher. : ( Cam and I both received beautiful setting-apart blessings. The councillor in the bishopric that gave them must be truly in-tune with the spirit. For my part, my blessing was life-changing. Awesome.
We headed home, I started dinner and Cameron, Dane and Ella made a chocolate cake for me. The cake was from a mix, but they made the 'chocolate-lover's frosting' from scratch. Good on them and yummy for me!
For presents I got lots of chocolate (so much for my determination to make better eating choices), music, new Pyrex bowls and Cameron scored the winning goal by giving me 100 Love
Sonnets by Pablo Neruda. This was really cool because we watched a movie on Friday night that flashed the cover of this book and I said, "Oh! I have wanted that book for more than a decade!"
THE MAN LISTENED and then ACTED!!!
This wife was very impressed.
At this stage in my life, nothing is more wonderful than being surrounded by your kids and spouse on your birthday.
Monday I began a new hobby: cleaning my house.
My aunt, Laurie, gave me a very nice card, which Ella loved. Thanks, Laurie!
Tuesday I began another new hobby: making polymer clay beads (more on this when I've baked them and photographed them).![]()
Now it's Wednesday and I'm back on Monday's hobby. Maybe if I keep calling housecleaning a hobby, I'll enjoy it more.
Dane has a dentist appointment today for his first cavities. Sigh...you know I'm more freaked out than he is. I do hope it goes well and they're just little cavities.
Labels:
birthdays,
family time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I like the idea of making housecleaning a hobby. I may have to try that. Glad you had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday to a wonderful friend!
If only I could fool myself into thinking housecleaning is a hobby. I think that if there were any creativity involved, I would like it better. I am a creative person. (This is my latest excuse...pretty creative, huh?)
I hope that your birthday was great! I wanted to comment back, but my computer is being silly or stupid - you choose the word. Anyway I'm at another one now- so Happy Birthday to one of my favorite cousins! :) You deserve the best!
Post a Comment